Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses - For more information about applying as a military spouse please go to the Military Spouse FAQs page.
TDLR proposes amendments to the Auctioneers program rules (16 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 67, §§67.20, 67.25, 67.30, 67.65 and 67.80; proposes new rules §§67.21, 67.70, 67.71 and 67.72; proposes the repeal of current §67.70). The proposed amendments, new rules and repeal are necessary to implement changes made by House Bill 2481 and to make editorial and technical corrections.
The proposed rules are published in the October 30, 2015, issue of the Texas Register (40 TexReg 7553). The Department will accept comments on the proposal until November 30, 2015. The Department encourages anyone interested in the Auctioneers program to review the rule proposal. Comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com.
The Auctioneer Advisory Board is scheduled to meet Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in the 1st Floor Public Meeting Room (125E) of TDLR's North Campus, located at 1106 Clayton Lane in Austin. The agenda will be posted when it has been finalized. The meeting will be broadcast and available on TDLR's web site.
New! House Bill 2481 - The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below have been updated to reflect some of the changes to Chapter 1802, Texas Occupations Code (Auctioneers Law),as a result of the 84th Texas Legislature enacting House Bill 2481. These changes are significant and take effect on September 1, 2015. We will continue to add to the FAQs as we implement the bill and adopt rules to keep you informed about updates to the Auctioneer Program. After HB 2481 becomes effective the Auctioneer Program will look much like it did just prior to June 14, 2013. Some of the most significant changes to the Law include:
- reinstating the Associate Auctioneer Program as a path to gain auction experience that can be used in lieu of taking an examination to become a licensed auctioneer,
- clarifying that an auctioneer license is only needed to conduct live bid auctions,
- removing reference to regulating auctions over the Internet, and
- renaming the Auctioneer Education Advisory Board to the Auctioneer Advisory Board to reflect the wider range of advice provided by the Board to TDLR and the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation.
If you have questions about the Auctioneer Program please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What are the requirements for an Associate Auctioneer license?
To be eligible for an Associate Auctioneer’s license you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a legal alien;
- Hold a high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate; and
- Be employed under the direct supervision of a licensed Auctioneer.
2. If I held an Associate Auctioneer license prior to June 14, 2013, (when HB 3038 deregulated the Associate program), will I now be able to use this experience to gain an Auctioneer license?
3. If I held an Associate Auctioneer license previously, how do I apply for an Auctioneer License?
You will need to submit the following:
- Auctioneer Application;
- Employment Report Form completed by your licensed Auctioneer sponsor;
- Your tax ID number or letter of waiver;
- Proof of successful completion of 80 hours of classroom instruction; and
- The total fee of $100.00.
Forms are available on our website. (Note: You must have held your Associate Auctioneer license for at least two years in order to qualify for an Auctioneer license.)
4. When can I apply for an Associate Auctioneer license?
Applications will be available on our website no later than February 1, 2016. To receive the most up to date information, sign up for our Email updates.
5. Can I get the same license number I previously held as an Associate Auctioneer?
Yes, you will be issued the same license number.
TDLR licensed auctioneers should use the online tool to verify that their personal contact information is correct. Keeping this information current is important for TDLR to communicate with the auctioneers.
Need a replacement license? You can also order a duplicate license online.
For more information about the TDLR Auctioneers program, contact TDLR at email@example.com or 800-803-9202. Also, you can sign up to receive TDLR Email Updates to be notified about any further changes or updates to the Auctioneer Program.