On this page:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Stay up-to-date on recent developments with email notifications. Get info on changes to laws and rules, important notices, upcoming meetings, and more.
News and Updates
TDLR Health Monitor - September 2019 Edition
September 26, 2019
Articles in this September 2019 edition of The Health Monitor include updates on:
- Dyslexia Awareness Month
- Podiatry Rule Amendments Adopted
- New Criminal Conviction Guidelines & Penalty Matrix
- Deregulation of Orthotic and Prosthetic Technicians
- Prescription Monitoring Program Requirements
- Fingerprinting Requirements for Podiatrists
- Midwives Educational Summit Recap
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Professional Organizations Merge
The TDLR Health Monitor is a quarterly newsletter that provides news and information about TDLR’s medical and health-related programs. Archives of past editions of the TDLR Health Monitor can be viewed here.
Important Information for Healthcare Facilities Seeking to Use Out-Of-State Healthcare Providers to Assist with Tropical Storm Imelda Disaster Response
September 23, 2019
On September 19, 2019 in accordance with Sections 418.016 and 418.171 of the Texas Government Code, Governor Greg Abbott temporarily suspended all necessary statutes and rules to allow a healthcare professional licensed and in good standing in another state to practice in various facilities in Texas to assist with Tropical Storm Imelda disaster response operations.
The suspension allows a healthcare provider who holds a license, certificate, or other permit issued by another state jurisdiction satisfying qualifications for professional, mechanical, or other skills to render aid in this state to meet an emergency or disaster.
This suspension is in effect until terminated by the Office of the Governor or until the Tropical Storm Imelda disaster declaration is lifted or expires.
For the healthcare provider types listed below, a healthcare facility must submit to the TDLR by email each out-of-state provider’s name, license type, state of licensure, and license identification number to: email@example.com
TDLR licenses the following healthcare providers:
- Athletic Trainers
- Behavior Analysts
- Dyslexia Therapists and Practitioners
- Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers
- Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
If you have questions or need assistance, please call (800) 803-9202 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy on Behavior Analyst Advisory Board
April 24, 2019
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (Department) announces one vacancy on the Behavior Analyst Advisory Board (Board) established by Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 506. The Board advises the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation (Commission) in adopting rules, administering and enforcing the Occupations Code covering Behavior Analysts, and setting fees. The Board meets at the call of the presiding officer of the Commission or the executive director of the Department. This announcement is for:
- one public member who is either a former recipient of applied behavior analysis services or the parent or guardian of a current or former recipient of applied behavior analysis services.
The Board consists of nine members appointed by the presiding officer or the Commission, with the approval of the Commission. Members serve staggered six-year terms with the terms of three members expiring on February 1 of each odd-numbered year. A member may not serve more than two consecutive six-year terms. The Board is composed of the following members:
- four licensed behavior analysts, at least one of whom must be certified as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst--Doctoral or hold an equivalent certification issued by the certifying entity;
- one licensed assistant behavior analyst;
- one physician who has experience providing mental health or behavioral health services; and
- three members who represent the public and who are either former recipients of applied behavior analysis services or the parent or guardian of a current or former recipient of applied behavior analysis services.
Interested persons should submit an application on the Department website. Applicants can also request an application from the Department by telephone (800-803-9202) or by email (email@example.com).
This is not a paid position and there is no compensation or reimbursement for serving on the Board.
- Advisory Board applications available: August 1, 2017
- Advisory Board appointments by Texas Commission of Licensing & Regulation: October 2017
- Advisory Board meeting (voted to propose rules): December 13, 2017
- Proposed rules published for public comment: February 2, 2018
- Advisory Board meeting (voted to send rules to Commission for adoption): March 16, 2018
- TDLR Commission voted to adopt rules: March 27, 2018
- New rules become effective: May 1, 2018
- Licensing applications available: June 15, 2018
- License required: September 1, 2018
Advisory Board Meetings
Next Meeting - Postponed
The Behavior Analyst Advisory Board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 27, 2019 is postponed. When the meeting is rescheduled, the date will be posted online.
Previous Meeting - December 6, 2018