Texas Industrialized Building Code Council Meeting
Thursday, December 8, 2022 – 1:00 p.m.
This meeting will take place via videoconference and will be broadcast on TDLR’s YouTube channel. If you need materials in an alternate format, contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at least five working days before the meeting date. Phone: (512) 463-6599, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD/RELAY TEXAS: 1-800-relay-VV (for voice), 1-800-relay-TX (for TDD).
Watch the meeting on TDLR's YouTube channel at – https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasLicensing
- Call to order
- Roll Call, Certification of Quorum, and Introductions
- Open Meetings Training
- Administrative Procedure Act
- Approval of minutes – July 14, 2022 Meeting
- Public Comment
Any person wishing to address the Council in person should complete a Public Comment Form and submit it to the Council Liaison at the meeting. Public Comments may also be made via email or videoconference. Any person wishing to address the Council via videoconference must submit an email by following the Public Comment Instructions found on the last page of this agenda or located at www.tdlr.texas.gov. Emails must be submitted to the Council liaison at email@example.com by 12 p.m., December 7, 2022.
- Staff Reports – Briefing from Staff and Discussion
- Licensing Division
- Customer Service Division
- Enforcement Division
- Regulatory Program Management Division
- Personnel Update
- Executive Office
- Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR) Update
- Communication Outreach Statistics
- Licensing Division
- Discussion and possible action regarding approval of third-party inspectors, third-party inspection agencies, third-party site inspectors, and design review agencies.
- Staff update regarding upcoming rule amendments to 16 TAC Ch. 70.100 and 70.101, to adopt the 2021 building codes, the 2020 National Electric Code, and amendments to each.
- Recommendations for agenda items for next Council meeting
- Discussion of date, time, and location of next Council meeting
The Texas Industrialized Building Code Council will accept public comment for the December 8, 2022 meeting.
Online Public Comment Instructions
(If you are going to appear at the Council meeting in person DO NOT complete this step to provide public comment. You will complete a form in-person at the meeting.)
Written comments must be submitted to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Comments will be provided to the Council members for their review prior to the meeting but will not be read aloud during the public meeting.
If you wish to address the Council during the public meeting, please provide your contact information to Board.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 7, 2022. The day prior to the meeting, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting. You will be given no more than three (3) minutes to speak. The presiding officer may reduce the time provided for public comments based on the number of requests received. Ensure that you have a reliable connection and clear audio. Sharing of pre-recorded audio or video is not allowed during the public comment period.
**Please email your public comment request to Public.Comments@tdlr.texas.gov. **
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT REQUEST IS 12:00 PM, WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2022
Email request for Public Comment must include:
- Agenda Item or Specific Topic
- Telephone number
- Please indicate whom you are representing. Ex: attorney, yourself or other
Failure to provide the information requested directly above could result in your comment being delayed or taken out of order.