Midwives Educational Summit
Call for Proposals
July 8, 2021
If you would like to help advance the practice of midwifery in Texas, this is your chance.
Share your knowledge by presenting at a future TDLR Midwives Educational Summit.
This opportunity is open to anyone wishing to share information relevant to the midwife profession.
The next TDLR Midwives Educational Summit will be held virtually on Friday, December 10, 2021.
Presenters who apply may be contacted to speak at the December summit or at a future summit.
Applications must be received by August 15, 2021 to be considered.
Please email us with any questions, and we’ll get back with you as soon as we can.
- The TDLR Midwives Team
The TDLR Midwives Educational Summit is a one-day educational conference, hosted by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, for the purpose of discussing emerging topics and best practices in midwifery.
If you registered and attended the entire Midwives Educational Summit on November 06, 2020 you will receive a Continuing Education Certificate or Attendance Certificate.
All certificates will be emailed by 11/13/2020, but if you do not receive yours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an update. Please ensure you include your full name and Texas midwife license number, if applicable.
November 6, 2020
- Welcome Remarks, Managing Postpartum Hemorrhage in the Community Birth Setting - Roxanne Anderson (watch on YouTube) 1:39:40
- The Importance of Early Diagnosis & Treatment of Infant Ear Deformities & Malformations - Dr. Steve Byrd (watch on YouTube) 57:40
- Midwifery in At Risk Communities - Paige Jackson (watch on YouTube) 45:02
- TDLR Updates 2020 – Mary Hoffman (watch on YouTube) 25:36
- The Millennial Midwife: Her Practice and Business Model – Jennifer Mozeke, Closing Remarks (watch on YouTube) 37:02
January 31, 2020
July 26, 2019
January 7, 2019
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (PDF)
- Best Practice Guidelines: Transfer from Planned Home Birth to Hospital (PDF)
- New Mom Checklist for Maternal Mental Health Help (PDF)
- The Patient Health Questionnaire-2 (PDF)
- The Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PDF)
- Postpartum Depression Predictor Inventory (PDF)
- PTSD CheckList – Civilian Version (PDF)
- Slides (PDF)
- Video Archive