Design Review Agency Information Packet
Rule 70.10(a)(13) defines a design review agency (DRA) as an approved organization, private or public, determined by the Texas Industrialized Building Code Council to be qualified by reason of facilities, personnel, experience, demonstrated reliability to review designs, plans, specifications, and building systems documentation, and to certify compliance to these sections evidenced by affixing the council's stamp.
The following documents and forms contain information that will assist a person to apply for approval as a design review agency. Documents may be copied as necessary.
- Occupations Code, Chapter 1202, Industrialized Housing and Buildings.
- The Chapter 70 rules governing Industrialized Housing and Buildings. Reference rule 70.22 for the “Criteria for Approval of Design Review Agencies.”
- The IHB fee schedule, form #IHB015.
- Architectural Barriers brochure (212kb PDF file).
- The Guide to the Application and Approval Requirements for DRA's. The Guide to the Application and Approval Requirements for DRA's is intended only as a guide to the application requirements and criteria for approval of design review agencies and is not intended as a replacement for the statute and rules. It is the responsibility of the registrant to review the actual statute and rules to assure a complete understanding of the requirements of the IHB program as they relate to the approval of design review agencies.
The Guide to the Application and Approval Requirements for DRA's includes the following documents: