Installation Permit Information Packet
Rule 70.20(5) allows a person who purchases industrialized housing and buildings for his/her own use and who assumes responsibility for all or part of the construction relating to the installation of the industrialized house or building to file for a permit in lieu of registering as an industrialized builder. Requirements for installation permits are found in rule 70.25.
Manufacturers are required to report either the registration number of the industrialized builder or the installation permit number of the person to whom the module or modular component was released. Industrialized builders who do not take responsibility for the installation and site work of the module or modular component must report either the registration number of the industrialized builder or the installation permit number of the person who is responsible for the all or portions of the installation and site work.
The installation permit fee is $75 for each building containing industrialized modules or modular components.
The following documents and forms contain information that is necessary to allow a person to apply for an installation permit and to comply with the requirements of the Texas IHB program. Documents may be copied as necessary.
- Occupations Code, Chapter 1202, Industrialized Housing and Buildings
- Chapter 70 rules governing Industrialized Housing and Buildings
- Form #IHB151, Commercial Installation Permit (608kb PDF file) – this form is for Commercial buildings and/or components only (revised 03/2016)
- Form #IHB150, Residential Installation Permit (600kb PDF file) “- this form is for housing constructed under the International Residential Code only
- Information packet for inspections of the installation of industrialized housing and buildings
- Bulletin #00-001, "Areas of Authority Belonging to a Municipality - Industrialized Housing" (198kb PDF file). This bulletin describes the areas of authority belonging to a municipality with regard to industrialized housing.
- Bulletin #04-001, “Areas of Authority Belonging to a Municipality – Industrialized Buildings” (35kb PDF file) – This bulletin describes the areas of authority belonging to a municipality with regard to industrialized buildings
- Frequently asked questions
- The IHB fee schedule, form #IHB015