Third Party Inspector Information Packet
Rule 70.10(a)(39) defines a third party inspector as an approved person or agency, private or public, determined by the Texas Industrialized Building Code Council to be qualified by reason of facilities, personnel, experience, demonstrated reliability, and independence of judgment to inspect industrialized housing, buildings, and portions thereof for compliance with the approved plans, documentation, compliance control program, and applicable code.
The following documents and forms contain information that will assist a person to apply for approval as a third party inspector. Documents may be copied as necessary.
- Occupations Code, Chapter 1202, Industrialized Housing and Buildings.
- The Chapter 70 rules governing Industrialized Housing and Buildings.
- The IHB fee schedule, form #IHB015.
- The architectural barriers notice.
- The Application and Approval Requirements for TPIA’s (250KB download). This document is intended only as a guide to the application requirements and criteria for approval of third party inspection agencies and third party inspectors and is not intended as a replacement for the statute and rules. It is the responsibility of the registrant to review the actual statute and rules to assure a complete understanding of the requirements of the IHB program as they relate to the approval of design review agencies.
The Application and Approval Requirements for TPIA’s (250KB download) guide includes the following documents.
- Form #IHB055, Design Review Agencies and Third Party Inspection Agencies Application for Registration, revised 08/2011
- Form #IHB105, Third Party Inspector Application for Registration
- Forms #010ihb and 011ihb, Checklists of Application Requirements for Third Party Inspection Agencies and Third Party Inspectors