Continuing Education Provider and Course Approval
On this page:
Continuing education providers and courses must be approved by the department before courses are offered to the public.
An individual or organization may request approval as a continuing education provider by submitting a completed Continuing Education Provider Application (PDF) along with the $200 annual fee. After review of the continuing education provider application, the applicant may be approved by TDLR as either a "manufacturer" or a "non-manufacturer" continuing education provider. The approved provider status will be effective for one year from the date of issuance.
All courses offered by a provider must be reviewed and approved by the department. To request approval of a course, please submit a completed Continuing Education Course Approval Form (PDF). There is no fee required for course approval.
Each continuing education course will be evaluated by the department on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance of the subject matter to increase or support the development of skills and competence in the fitting and dispensing of hearing instruments or in studies or disciplines related to fitting and dispensing of hearing instruments
- Objectives of specific information and skills to be learned
- Subject matter, educational methods, materials, qualifications of instructors and presenters, and facilities utilized, including the frequency and duration of sessions, and the adequacy to implement learner objectives
Continuing education providers must renew their approved provider status annually by completing and returning to the department the provider renewal form and the continuing education provider fee. If not renewed on or before the expiration date, the continuing education provider must reapply for approved sponsor status.
AdvertisingApproved continuing education courses and providers will be listed on the approved continuing education providers page.
An organization or individual who is approved by the department may advertise as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed fitters and dispensers of hearing instruments.
Certificates of Completion
Continuing education providers must provide course participants with a certificate of completion that includes:
- Participant's name
- Continuing education course number
- Number of approved continuing education hours
- Title and date(s) of the program as approved by the department
- Name of the approved continuing education provider