Industrialized Builder Information Packet
Rule 70.10 defines an industrialized builder as "a person who is engaged in the assembly, connection, and on-site construction and erection of modules or modular components at the building site or who is engaged in the purchase of industrialized housing or buildings or of modules or modular components from a manufacturer for sale or lease to the public.
The following documents and forms contain information that will assist a person who meets the above definition to apply for registration as an industrialized builder or allow a person already registered as an industrialized builder to comply with the requirements of the Texas IHB program. Documents may be copied as necessary.
- Occupations Code, Chapter 1202, Industrialized Housing and Buildings.
- Chapter 70 rules governing Industrialized Housing and Buildings.
- Form #014 IHB, Application for Registration (119KB download)
- IHB600 Consumer Notice, revised 02/2015 (708 KB download)
- Builder Responsibilities, IHB Bulletin #10-001 revised 05/2017 (138kb PDF file)
- Information packet for inspections of the installation of industrialized housing and buildings
- Information packet for installation permits
- Architectural Barriers brochure (212kb PDF file)
- Bulletin #00-001, "Areas of Authority Belonging to a Municipality - Industrialized Housing” (198kb PDF file) – This bulletin describes the areas of authority belonging to a municipality with regard to industrialized housing
- Bulletin #04-001, “Areas of Authority Belonging to a Municipality – Industrialized Buildings” (35kb PDF file) – This bulletin describes the areas of authority belonging to a municipality with regard to industrialized buildings
- IHB Bulletin 97-001 (39kb PDF file) – Provides a description of the IHB labels used to certify compliance of the industrialized housing modules with the requirements of the IHB program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The IHB fee schedule, form #015 IHB