New Technology Variance NTV 11-01 Pneumatic Vacuum Elevator
July 29, 2011
Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators LLC
12602 NW 115th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
RE: Application for New Technology Variance NTV 11-01 Pneumatic Vacuum Elevator
Dear Mr. Gruber:
This is to acknowledge receipt of your above referenced application dated May 20, 2011. Based on the written information previously submitted by your organization and after consultation and review within the Department, the Department is pleased to inform you that your request for New Technology Variances to permit the use of pneumatically operated vacuum private residential elevators has been approved based on the following conditions:
1. This approval is based on written information submitted by your organization during the course of the application/review process, which includes The Certificate of Conformance Report NA-0482-1004-003-01 dated March 11, 2010. Any deviation from the product as submitted for approval that would violate any provision of the current or any future adopted standard would require another New Technology Variance application and approval by the Department. Changes that do not result in a violation of any current or future adopted standard, or product changes that do not vary from those contained in the written materials submitted by your organization as part of the review process, will not require another New Technology Variance application but will require notice in writing to the Department documenting said changes. Notices submitted in compliance with this paragraph must describe each product change and explain why the change is compliant with applicable codes.
2. The requirements for which this New Technology Variance are based on the ASME A17.1-2007 edition of the Safety Code for Elevators which is the currently adopted standard. The approvals are granted for:
a. Requirement 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 driving machine suspension means
b. Requirement 22.214.171.124 safety mechanisms
c. Requirement 126.96.36.199 top car clearance
d. Requirement 188.8.131.52 horizontal car clearance
e. Requirement 184.108.40.206 car frames and platform
f. Requirement 220.127.116.11 terminal stopping devices
3. The maximum capacity of the car shall not exceed 525 pounds/238kg
4. The maximum car speed shall not exceed 30 FPM/0.15 MPS
5. These units shall be installed in an indoor location capable of maintaining a minimum operating temperature of not less than 65 degrees F
6. This equipment shall be installed only in private residences in conformance with all of the conditions noted in Section 5-Conditions of the Certificate of Conformance described in #1 above.
7. All installation sales proposals for the installation of this product shall contain a clause that informs buyers that this product has been approved under the New Technology provisions of Chapter 754. As an alternative, you may provide buyers with a copy of this approval letter in lieu of a clause in the sales proposal contract.
8. The buyers of this equipment shall be provided a copy of the installation and maintenance manuals contained in the submittal and a copy of this approval letter shall be included in those documents until such time as the equipment meets all adopted standards in the State of Texas.
This approval shall apply to all private residence Pneumatic Vacuum Elevator installations, consistent with the contingencies listed above, installed anywhere in the State of Texas, except the City of Houston. The City of Houston must also approve this product for installation within their jurisdiction.
The approval by the Department shall remain in effect unless revoked. A copy of this approval will be forwarded to all licensed inspectors and will be posted on the Department website. Inspectors shall be informed that the requirements covered by the above variances are not to be cited on any inspection reports provided to the buyers.
If you agree with the conditions contained in this approval letter, please so indicate by signing and dating a copy of this letter and returning it to me for our files. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Chief Elevator Inspector
Building and Mechanical Section