Massage Establishment Inspections
Licensed massage establishments are inspected at least once every two years. Inspectors from TDLR’s Field Inspections Division will perform unscheduled inspections.
Criteria for Inspection
Inspectors will check that establishments comply with sanitation and record-keeping requirements. For more information on these requirements, please see:
- 25 TAC §117.82. Massage Establishments--General Requirements
- 25 TAC §117.83. Sanitation Requirements for Massage Establishments
The inspectors will also confirm that all massage therapists working in the facility hold a current Texas license, and are practicing in accordance with the standards required in the law and rules. Inspectors will explain in detail any violations that are noted, what corrective actions to take and will give licensees a chance to ask questions.
Inspection results fall into one of the following three categories:
- No Corrections Needed – No action required. Your establishment is in compliance.
- Corrections Needed – You must make corrections within 10 days of the inspection date.
- Violations Sent to Enforcement – You must make corrections within 10 days of the inspection date. In addition, a representative of the Enforcement Division may contact you regarding the violations.