Military Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses - For more information about obtaining a TDLR license or renewing a TDLR license that expired while serving on active duty, please go to the Military Outreach home page.
Combative Sports is a full contact competition between two contestants. The primary sport in this program is boxing. Other sports regulated by this program are kick boxing, shoot wrestling / fighting, pancration wrestling / fighting, mixed martial arts contests or any form of competition in which a blow is struck which may reasonably be expected to inflict injury. Kick boxing is a form of boxing in which blows are delivered with any part of the arm below the shoulder, including the hand, and any part of the leg below the hip including the foot. Shoot wrestling / pancration wrestling is a form of full contact martial arts in which opponents may, while standing, strike with the open hand, kick, wrestle, throw grapple and submit. For more information about combative sports, e-mail TDLR at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov.
All events are subject to change or cancellation.
- 03/31/18 Reyna Promotions, Corpus Christi
- 04/06/18 Forcetrain Promotions, Houston
- 04/07/18 David Rodriguez Promotions (Lone Star Boxing Promotions) and Triple A Promotions, Laredo
- 04/14/18 El Tigre Promotions, Galveston
- 04/21/18 TMB & PRB Entertainment, San Antonio
- 04/26/18 TREC Special Events Inc, Dallas (private event)
- 04/28/18 Blue Chip, Humble
- 04/28/18 TGB, El Paso
- 05/05/18 Underwood Promotions, Austin
- 05/25/18 Pandora Promotions, El Paso
- 06/02/18 Reyna Promotions, Corpus Christi
- 06/22/18 El Tigre Promotions, Humble
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
- 03/31/18 FIST Fight League, Amarillo
- 04/21/18 Dominion Warrior, Richardson
- 05/18/18 STFC, McAllen
- 05/19/18 Back Alley Promotions, Dallas
- 05/25/18 LFA (Legacy), Dallas
- 05/25/18 Fury Fighting Championships, Humble
Combination Events (Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts)
- 06/09/18 CDM Boxing Association, Houston
Amateur Mixed Martial Arts
- 04/21/18 Valor Fight League, College Station
- 04/27/18 Garcia Promotions, Humble
- 05/19/18 Xtreme Knockout Amateur Series (XKO), Dallas
- 06/23/18 Songahm Martial Arts, Lindale
News and Updates
Online Training for Contract Inspectors
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation now offers online training for Contract Inspectors who are an essential part of the Texas Combative Sports Team. If you are interested in an opportunity to work as an inspector at a boxing or mixed martial arts event, the department encourages you to watch the videos in this YouTube playlist and then contact the combative sports program at CSboxing@tdlr.texas.gov .
Live Seminar for Medical Doctors
If you are a medical doctor licensed by the State of Texas interested in participating in TDLR’s Combative Sports program or are currently a ringside physician and want a refresher, you can watch videos of our live seminar in this YouTube playlist.
Combative Sports Safety Webinar
TDLR encourages anyone interested in the safety of combative sports participants to view this "Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Combatants" webinar.
Advisory Board Meetings
April 20, 2018 Meeting
The Combative Sports Advisory Board is scheduled to meet Friday, April 20, 2018 at 10:30 a.m., in the 1st Floor Public Meeting Room of TDLR's North Campus, located at 1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 125E, in Austin. When the agenda and staff reports are available, they will be posted online. The meeting will be broadcast on TDLR's YouTube channel.
Previous Meeting - December 1, 2017
The Combative Sports Advisory Board was scheduled to meet on December 1, 2017 in Austin, but did not have a quorum. The members who were present discussed items on the agenda and staff reports, but no action was taken. The discussion was archived and is available on TDLR's YouTube channel.