Driver Education Resources
On this page:
- Driver Education Course in American Sign Language
- Community Safety Education Act
- Recreational Water Safety
- Program of Organized Instruction (Educational Objectives)
- Driver Education Closed School
- Approval Request to Receive and Issue Driver Education Certificate Form
- Transfer Policy for Driver Education
Driver Education Course in American Sign Language
Senate Bill 1051, passed by the 85th Texas Legislature, required TDLR to create a driver education course in American Sign Language. This course is intended to provide minors and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing a way to fully participate in the classroom portion of the course.
Students viewing this course on the TDLR website will not satisfy the requirements for driver education as prescribed in Chapter 1001 and you will not be able to obtain a permit or driver’s license with DPS. This course must be taken through a licensed driver education school in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Driver Education School Owners interested in offering this course will use Module 1 for the Adult Driver Education course and Modules 1 through 12 for the Teen Driver Education Course.
The course link will only work using Google Chrome.
Community Safety Education Act
The Community Safety Education Act requires that driver education and driving safety curriculum include information about proper procedures for citizen and law enforcement interaction during traffic stops. The TDLR-approved video and Power Point presentation (both available for download on this page) must be incorporated into your curriculum by February 1, 2019, for all driver education courses and/or driving safety courses. Providers should also inform each student of the survey developed by TDLR. It should be taken after viewing the video and can be found at the following link - https://survey.utexas.edu/driver. This survey is vital in helping TDLR understand the video’s statewide impact.
- Download the Community Safety Education Act PowerPoint Presentation (PPTX)
- Download the Community Safety Education Act Video (MP4, 1.8 GB)
Recreational Water Safety
Program of Organized Instruction (Educational Objectives)
- Program of Organized Instruction (PDF) (POI) - REVISED - includes RWS
Driver Education Closed School
Approval Request to Receive and Issue Driver Education Certificate Form
Transfer Policy for Driver Education